Adobe XD is a vector-based user experience design tool for web apps and mobile apps, developed and published by Adobe Inc. It is available for macOS and Windows, although there are versions for iOS and Android to help preview the result of work directly on mobile devices. Adobe XD creates engaging user experiences. Adobe XD is a platform for developer hands-off, fast and versatile artboards. It enables smart canvas navigation.
Adobe XD Features
Adobe XD creates user interfaces for mobile and web apps. Many features in XD were previously either hard to use or nonexistent in other Adobe applications like Illustrator or Photoshop.
- Repeat grid: Helps creating a grid of repeating items such as lists, and photo galleries.
- Prototype and animation: Creates animated prototypes through linking artboards. These prototypes can be previewed on supported mobile devices.
- Interoperability: XD supports and can open files from Illustrator, Photoshop, Photoshop Sketch, and AfterEffects. In addition to the Adobe Creative Cloud, XD can also connect to other tools and services such as Slack and Microsoft teams to collaborate. XD is also able to auto-adjust and move smoothly from macOS to Windows. For security, prototypes can be sent with password protection to ensure full disclosure.
- Voice design: Apps can be designed using voice commands. In addition, what users create for smart assistants can be previewed as well.
- Symbols: Users can create symbols to represent logos and buttons. Symbols can be used to drag and drop items on to artboards and organized them to be reused.
- Responsive resize: Responsive resize automatically adjusts and sizes pictures and other objects on the artboards. This allows the user to have their content automatically adjusted for different screens for different sized platforms such as mobile phones and PCs.
- Plugins: XD is compatible with custom plugins that add additional features and uses. Plugins range from design to functionality, and automation and animation.