Customer expectations are increasing greatly in the logistics sector. Both individuals and businesses expect to get goods faster, more flexibly. Automation promises lower costs, improved efficiency. The client is a major logistics provider in the world, which is seeking to automate the shipping data management on the user-side and service-provider. Data sharing is crucial for the client since multiple stakeholders interact for smoother handling of operations. The customer expect complete transparency and accuracy in tracking orders internally.
Data integration and processing of shipping documents have to be seamless. For this, a web based eSI portal for shippers that enables them to input all the necessary data was developed by Team Perfomatix. Shippers can download and keep the details provided in the portal. A highly scalable, future proof solution with minimum platform dependency is created.
The solution includes using an RPA bot to update the Shipping Instructions periodically;
Why use RPA for Logistics Solutions?
- RPA bots configures software that will automate the activities or tasks previously performed by humans.
- It emulates and integrates the actions of a human interacting within digital systems to execute a business process.
- RPA robots utilize the user interface to capture data and manipulate applications just like humans do. They interpret, trigger responses, and communicate with other systems to perform on a wide variety of repetitive tasks.
- Robotic automation uses a computer or a bot to run application software similar to a person handling the software.
- RPA aims to replace repetitive tasks performed by humans, with a virtual workforce. Humans make the final judgments, handle exceptions, and provide oversight into the process.
After analyzing the requirements from the client, Perfomatix has come up with a high-level functionality for the e-Shipping Platform;
The user roles as per the requirements are as follows:
- Shipping Operator
- Shipping Provider
The components of the platform are as follows:
- Web application for Operator
- Web application for Shipper
- Web application for Admin
Functional Requirements for Web Applications
- Ability of the user to login using registered username and password
- SI Validation Dashboard
- Ability of the user to view the list of pending tasks (Reference number, Export Office, Status, Cut Off date, Shipping Details -time & date, PoL, PoD, Shipper, Consignee)
- Filter by Reference number, status, country, export office.
- Progress bar
- Edit cut-off date
- Save &Download Report
- Validate Shipping Instructions
- Manage rules
- Trigger Email Notifications
- Manage Queries dashboard
- Manage Type of Tasks
- Overdue Dashboard
- Run RPA bot with preset steps to update the SI details
- Output XML via FTP
- Manage Queries
|Recommended Technology Stack
|Angular – Bootstrap and Google Material
|Back End and API Layer
|Java Spring MVC
|Google vision/ ABBYY
ESTIMATED COST AND SCHEDULE
|Total Project cost including development, testing, and deployment (USD)
|Development of Shipping Portal