Background jobs are set of process that runs behind (background). Thus jobs execute seamlessly and do not disturb foreground processes and operations. Background jobs can be scheduled to run in the night because that time system load is low.
Advantages of Background Job
1. It reduces manual effort.
2. No need user interaction and can run seamlessly in the background without user input.
3. User confusion is also reduced because the user doesn’t have to worry about value input in the field.
How to schedule the background job in parse.com
Step 1) Open your main.js in cloud folder and write a parse job script,Similar to Cloud Functions.Your code would look like this.
Step 2) Deployed your code, after that you can schedule job in the Parse Dashboard.
Your Parse Dashboard –>select your application –>Core–>Jobs
schedule a Job” on top right tab.
Step 3) Now you can Schedule Job.Choose your job name , give parameter and description and schedule the job by click on schedule job button
1. Jobs will be terminated after 15 minutes of run time.
2. Apps may have one job running concurrently per 20 request/s in their request limit.
3. Jobs that are initiated after the maximum concurrent limit has been reached will be terminated immediately.
Need help? Perfomatix | App Development Company
We are Perfomatix, a top app development company. We specialize in building highly scalable APIs and Mobile apps and we also have strong expertise in IoT apps, Virtual Reality apps, and Augmented Reality apps. Get in touch with us to find out how we can help in shaping your disruptive idea into a prototype, MVP and finally into a killer product. Visit our success stories section to find out more about some of the startups which made it big with us.