The client is a mission-oriented research agency under a Government Ministry in South East Asia. This agency is focused entirely on research and work that advances scientific discovery and technological innovation. The client wanted to develop a platform for users looking to elevate brand performance. The aim was to develop an advanced social media analytics platform for brand management by leveraging Perfomatix’s expertise. Brand insights will be completely based on the consumer’s emotions, as the post towards the brand as comments or keywords in the defined Social platforms and News feeds.
About the Client
About the Project
The client wanted to develop a platform for users looking to elevate brand performance. The aim was to develop an advanced social media analytics platform for brand management by leveraging Perfomatix’s expertise. The client needed a complete platform which could solve the following use cases:
- An advanced social media analytics platform for brand management collating data from multiple social media platforms and News feeds
- Generate brand insights completely based on the consumer’s emotions from the data collected from different platforms. As the users post towards the brand as comments or keywords in the defined Social platforms and News feeds
- Web application front-end development to enhance user experience and engagement
- UI/UX design engineering of the advanced social listening platform which effectively translates the functionalities of the platform into the design.
The following are the features required for this Social Media Brand Analytics;
- Analytics Dashboard
- System should display a trend chart showing the number of mentions, sentiments, and emotion categories per day over a specified time period.
- Interactive Analytics
- System should display Comments/Feeds based on the selected topic, source and date range. Must display the real-time data in the page every 0.5 seconds.
- Automatic report generation
- Users should be able to select from the analytics dashboard the desired types of data visualizations to export into a pdf report.
- Configuration of entities, topics and data sources for monitoring .
- Ability of the user to configure an entity/topic from Facebook, Twitter and local mainstream media (online).
- The dashboard has three sections – Analytics, Comments, and Trends. The Analytics section provides an overview of the no. of mentions, positive & negative categories, and different emotions.
- Comments section has a color contrast for differentiation, with tags for the emotions linked to individual comments. The bulk of the digital space is used for the actual content, with the social media icon and tags as accompanying information (de-emphasized).
- Trends section provides visual analytics that can be used to delve into more specific filters (e.g. the keywords used for specific topics).
- For the graph portion, the graph type will change with dropdown options
- It will avoid multiple graphs (which will confuse users)
- Prioritize information that is meaningful and not repetitive on digital real estate.
Generate Email Reports
- The users can use this system to generate reports with a brief explanation and the detailed report to be sent to the users’ email.
Perfomatix derived a high-functioning solution for this social media analytics platform by delivering;
- Web application front-end development.
- UI/UX design engineering of advanced real-time social media analytics platform
Technology Stack Used
|Front End – WebApplication||React + Redux|
|Version Control||Bitbucket Git|