The company promotes the highest use of wholesome unmarketable food and reduces hunger and waste by using technology, social media, and strategic investment to help bridge the logistics gap and economics hurdles that result in food waste. It uses mobile technology to help food companies (throughout the supply chain) reduce their carbon footprints by routing wholesome unsaleable food to charities (anywhere in the country) and spoiled food to composters, anaerobic digesters, and other sustainable disposers, instead of to landfills. Its cloud-based systems facilitate scheduling, expedite tax paperwork, and offer food safety guidance so food can be routed appropriately without unacceptable risks or efficiency losses.
About the Client
About the Project
The client needed a complete platform which could solve the following use cases:
- Single platform to manage charities, food wholesalers, and logistics providers.
- Charities to sign up for surplus food.
- Food wholesalers to notify charities about surplus food availability.
- Charities to accept surplus food.
- Alert logistics providers to schedule a pickup.
- Social media integration.
- Mobile apps for charities, wholesalers and logistics providers.
Built a complete supply chain solution with the following components:
- Web application for charities, truckers, local donors, territory managers and admin.
- Mobile application for truckers, local donors, and charities.
Technology Stack Used
- Web – AngularJS, HTML5, CSS, JS, Bootstrap, JSON
- Mobile – iOS, Android, IONIC framework
- Backend – Parse Cloud
- Database – Parse DB
- Hosting – Parse and Amazon Web Services