AI technology is improving enterprise performance and productivity by automating processes that once required human power. It helps to detect and cure diseases earlier and it enables many features in all kinds of industries.
What is GOOGLE – BARD?
Google’s BARD is a chatbot that can respond with the latest and high-quality answers to users’ questions. In 2021, Google released the next generation language and conversational AI service, powered by Language Model for Dialogue Applications(LaMDA). LaMDA Google’s language model built on Transformer, a neural network architecture, is at the heart of Google’s chatbot. BARD is the experimental conversational AI service by LaMDA. It draws information from the web to give fresh, high-quality responses.
How to access GOOGLE _BARD?
Google Bard is not currently accessible for public testing, but select people to have access. If you already have an account at labs.openai.com or beta.openai.com, you can use the same login credentials to access chat.openai.com. If you don’t have an account already you must create one at chat.openai.com.
BARD Vs ChatGPT
Google is known for its dominance in the search engine segment and has announced the launch of an AI-based chatbot named BARD. Google’s latest AI tool can give users’ information about the latest events. Google is currently releasing the BARD with a lightweight model version of LaMDA. This is because smaller models typically require less computing power. Thus, BARD will be able to reach more users and it will get more feedback. Google will share the feedback with its own internal testing team to ensure the quality of responses from BARD is held to high standards and is based on real-world information.
|Google BARD AI||ChatGPT|
|Responses – real time queries||Responses – based on data collected till 2021|
|Regular Google search results||Test-only responses|
|Based on LaMDA||Based on GPT|
|No Plagiarism detector||Has Plagiarism detector|
|Free for now||ChatGPT Plus is a paid plan|
BARD – FEATURES
- In Google’s Chatbot BARD, users will get responses based on current events so the answers are more accurate.
- BARD AI will collect data from users with the help of response and web.
- Google initially rolled out the AI system for testers with a lightweight model version on LaMDA.
- The focus will be on collecting feedback via BARD to improve the AI system in future.
SCOPE OF AI WITH GOOGLE BARD
Today’s AI offers more opportunities to deepen our understanding of information and efficiently transform it into useful knowledge, thus making it convenient for people to find what they are looking for quickly.
AI-powered search can filter out complex information given by users and respond with simple, reliable information, exactly what the user will expect.
Over time, Google also intends to develop a suite of tools and APIs to help build more innovative applications with AI.
LIMITATIONS OF GOOGLE BARD AI
- Chatbots and conversational AI have introduced a huge change in how computers are built, used and operated. They are poised to restructure search engines, digital assistants and email programs. Despite its enormous potential, the technology has some flaws.
- The most recent instance of Google BARD’s slip-up has been recorded in its very first demo in the form of a factual error. BARD responses to a question with inaccurate information.
The question was
“What new discoveries from the James Webb Space Telescope(JWST) can I tell my 9 years old about ?”
- With the answer that ‘it took the very first pictures of a planet outside the solar system’, and it was wrong because the first exoplanet picture was not taken by JWST.
- This mistake highlights the biggest limitation of AI chatbots and the importance of a rigorous testing process. Google is making the effort to further work on Bard’s responses and meet a high bar for quality in real-world information to keep up with the steep competition that ChatGPT has introduced to their relatively untouched ecosphere.